Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beauty No.5

Sometimes we pass beautiful opportunities.

 Everyday I wake up wanting to feel a sense of worth. Sometimes I feel like I am busting at the seams with ideas of how to make my life beautiful. I Surround myself with beautiful things such as fresh flowers, fun hobbies, my husband, good food etc.... Yet it seems no matter what I do, what I think of, or what I surround myself with I still feel a strange emptiness.  For a while it just didn't make sense, beautiful + beautiful = beautiful me, right? wrong. Nothing is working, I still feel this ugly void.

The epiphany that hit me today is not a new one, it has been with me my entire life. Sometimes I just need to be reminded of it. I keep trying to make my life beautiful. That's the problem, MY life. I need to refocus my lense. I need to make others life beautiful.

When we take the focus off of ourselves we can see the big picture. Smaller things come into focus that effect our lives in such a huge way. Walking around our town square I was looking into the shops, admiring all of the pretty clothing and shoes and the very very expensive watches. My husband and I were talking about maybe one day making enough money to afford one. Then it hit me. There he was, sitting there with a sign that read "Ich habe hunger" (I have hunger) and he was right underneath a $22,000 rolex. There was this beautiful human being, uniquely created and one of a kind, sitting beneath this peace of metal that someone has the audicity to charge people the price of enough money to feed a whole village in India for a year. Even more, there are thousands of exact replicas of this watch around the world (trust me I know...My husband loves to look at watches :)). There were people literally stepping over this poor man just to look at this watch in a glass case. The man didn't say anything or even move, he just sat there. I didn't have any money on me, but if I did I would have taken him to lunch.

People wonder why they are so unhappy. Well listen here I have the truth and the answer to your unhappiness. I promise this is the truth.  Your clothing will not make you happy. Money will not make you happy. Food will not make you happy. Getting revenge will not make you happy. SELFLESSNESS WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY.  Sometimes it will stink, but it will be so worth it.

 This world is huge. Take a look around you and soak in all the opportunities to make others lives beautiful and happy. I promise this will make you so unbeliveably happy. Stop, look and step outside the bounds of your comfort zone. There are so many people out there who need someone to make them happy. It's not always the homeless person on the street, it could be a very mean co-worker who just needs some grace. It could be even your pastor who needs someone to listen to them, or it could be an elderly person sitting alone in there home wishing their wife or husband was with them.

So next time you set out to make your life beautiful, think about someone else first.



No comments:

Post a Comment