Monday, November 19, 2012

Beauty No. 12

Granola Covered Nuts - My Version

Lately my husband and I have been trying (trying the key word) to eat a little more healthfully. My Kitchen skills are pretty good, however my patient skills when it comes to cooking are small to none. So I like to find recipes that are relatively simple and quick and make them even more simple.

I like crunchy things. I don't know why, I just do. So when I find recipes that include or are about nuts I usually like them. This recipe is great. It is so easy and the end result is  hard to mess up! I like eating my granola covered nuts with plain yogurt and honey for breakfast or a light lunch. Here is the super simple recipe.

What you need:

2 cups of any kind of nuts you like (I find that walnuts and pecans work best because of their texture)

1 cup of granola (I actually put some raisins in mine)

2 tablespoons of brown sugar

2 egg whites

First, put your 1 cup of granola and what ever else you want in a food processor. ( I actually used a hand smoothie maker for mine). Process granola and other ingredients until the become fine but not flour like. Add the brown sugar.

Second, beat the egg whites until they are frothy

Third, fold the nuts into the egg whites. Completely cover the nuts in the egg whites.

Fourth, slowly fold the granola into the nut egg white mixture. Make sure to completely cover the nuts.

Fifth, put granola covered nuts on to baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Make sure to check every 5 mins and to spread the nuts around.

Take out of oven and let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 mins. After that enjoy any way you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment