Saturday, January 26, 2013

Beauty No. 22

Souptastic Saturday!
 
Carrot, potato curry soup!
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite things to do is experiment with food. I love it when I put a bunch of food together in a pot and it comes out tasting wonderful. It's like a surprise at the end!
This wonderful soup is perfect for the fridgid weather here in Münster! My husband and I were walking home from the library and it was just sooo cold. I think it's funny that German people (in my limited experience) walk or bike everywhere - at least in Münster - and they don't plow the walkways, bikeways or roads! It is really funny to watch people try to ride their bikes in 8 inches of snow! Anywho, here is my recipe for carrot, potato curry soup! Enjoy!
 
Ingredients:
4 large raw carrots
4 large yellow potatoes
1 large yellow onion
1 cup green onion
3 cups veggabtle stock
1 1/2 cup of milk (I used fat free, but I bet whole milk would taste great!)
8 cloves of roasted garlic
2 tablespoons of ground curry
Salt to taste
1/4 heavy whipping cream for the top
 
Tools:
Cutting board
Large bowl
large pot
strainer
Immersion blender (I am sure a hand mixer will work fine, just make sure not to splash everywhere)
ramakin for garlic
 
The how to:
Turn the oven on to 350 and on bake.
Pour vegatable stock into the large pot. Begin to boil. Cover with lid.
Cut all of your veggies into very small pieces. I cut them into about half inch pieces.
Put veggies into boiling stock and cover with lid.
While veggies are boiling put the garlic into the ramekin. Place into the oven for 10 mins.
After the veggies have softened drain the excess liquid into the bowl through strainer.
Once the veggies are seperated from the liquid add garlic and begin to blend with the blender. Little by little add the milk. Once it becomes mashed potato like conscitency add the curry. If needed add more milk and if the soup mixture is too thick, add veggatalbe stock one ladle at a time.   
 
I like to eat this soup with a little thicker texture, however it tastes just as good if it is a little soupy ;)
 
I also like to put a tiny bit of heavy whipping cream on top and garnish it with either chives or basil!
 
ENJOY!
 
 
 
 
 
Have a beautiful Saturday
- Becky -

No comments:

Post a Comment